To apply for this job, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu with the #11133 in hand.
If you have questions, feel free to ask me.
Title: Web Production Manager #11133
ID #: 11133
The Web Production Manager is a key member of the Online Marketing Team, which is responsible for implementation of the Haas School’s marketing and communication goals and objectives on the web site and via social media. The overall goal is to develop and maintain a leading edge, useful, and user-friendly web site that is considered one of the best among the world’s top business schools. The incumbent also has a key role in maintaining and implementing social media efforts.
The Web Production Manager oversees technical aspects of online marketing projects and tasks that support the unit's mission. Assignments include overall web site structure design, web site development and maintenance, web file and folder access and user support and needs analysis, web activity reporting, project management, web applications development and/or maintenance, hiring and supervision of technical staff and student workers.
Web Development Projects: Produce and develop web sites, including front-end development and basic graphic production. Work closely with Online Marketing Team members to provide backup and redundancy for development and production tasks, as time and resources permit. Working closely with other members of the School’s Virtual Web Team, manage/co-manage various aspects of special projects on the Haas website. Trouble-shoot problems for the Web Group. Validate code and/or scripts for members of the Virtual Web Team. Provide consultation to the Virtual Web Team on META tag coding and search engine optimization. Develop conversion and implementation plans. Follow Technical Project Management policies and standards. Monitors projects from initiation through delivery. Negotiate pricing, terms, and timeframes for vendor and outsourcing agreements. Manage vendors and outsourcing throughout the project lifecycle. Provides consultation to customers in requirements gathering and analysis, web site structure and navigation, and use of special features or technologies. May train users in conversion and implementation of system.
Analyzes business problems to be solved with automated systems. Implements related business processes.
Web System Operations: Working with the School’s network administrators, handle routine operations on the Haas School web servers (Linux/Windows) and video server. Trouble-shoot errors. Research and recommend hardware and software for purchase. Develop and provide web site usage analytics and reporting for corporate- and unit-level web sites to School administrators. Optimize web sites based on usage analytics and customer feedback. Serve as Online Marketing Team's liaison to HCS and Media Services.
Electronic Communications and Social Media: Produces and edits audio podcasts; creates and maintains RSS feeds; sets up school blogs; integrates streaming video and Flash into web sites. Works with social networking technologies Follows, analyzes and reports on trends, makes recommendations and executes on web technologies and social media initiatives.
Web Infrastructure: Working with the School’s network administrators, determine site architecture. Program/set-up scripts, forms and search engines collections and front-ends. Restrict web site access, as needed, using HTACCESS or similar tools. Modify access permissions as needed, including Active Directory groups, file and directory permissions, etc. Migrate partial or whole web sites. Migration may also require platform conversion, i.e., Apache to IIS and vice-versa. Coordinate and participate in multiple concurrent projects. Identify and incorporate emerging technologies into the Haas website.
Participate in web projects involving database integration.
Analyzes, installs, modifies and supports utilities software. May recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
Supervision: Hire and supervise 1 FTE programmer and 2-3 student techs.
Documentation and Technical Writing: Document all development work and code. Develop and maintain policies and procedures for unit's staff and student employees.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Has four to five years professional experience in managing all technical/production aspects of a large, cutting edge web site
• Has knowledge of professional concepts of web site architecture and technical design.
• Has knowledge of applications programming technologies, tools and protocols.
• Has skills necessary to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
• Skill to monitor and assess technical processes or services and make necessary improvements.
• Effectively incorporates new technologies into project planning and, as appropriate, implements new technologies to enhance website effectiveness.
• Knowledge of web server software: Apache, Microsoft IIS
• Knowledge of search engine technology: Google search appliance
• Web analytics tools, such as WebTrends, Sawmill, Google Analytics, etc.
• Web collaboration products: Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007
• Web developer utilities: ColdFusion Studio, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Visual Studio, Listgarden, Adobe Suite.
• Content Management System workflows, roles, access permissions, authorization levels: Sitecore CMS\
• Supervisory experience of technical personnel.
• Project management training
• Content Management System training
• Web site development: XML, C#, ASP.NET, Flash.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range from $57,000 up to $90,000 annually, plus benefits.
The following was automatically added to this message by the list server:
To learn more about Micronet, including how to subscribe to or unsubscribe from its mailing list and how to find out about upcoming meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|