[Micronet] WiFi Network

Isaac Orr

Hi everyone,

As anyone who is still using the old unencrypted AirBears network will have seen, we will be abating this service as of the end of summer sessions ( Friday next week). A more detailed communication will be coming out about this in the next few days.

Anyone still using AirBears should move to eduroam or AirBears2.

We've had reports in the past of issues with authentication and disconnections on AirBears2. We've spent some time in the past few weeks tuning things and seem to have resolved a lot of the known problems.

For those of you with Microsoft Surface Pro 3s that were unable to use eduroam and AirBears2, we've implemented changes on the network this morning that we believe have resolved that problem.

If you encounter problems accessing eduroam or AirBears2, please contact CSS IT at[hidden email][hidden email] or 510-664-9000. We are keeping track of issues so that we can identify any major problems and resolve them before we disable AirBears.

iso

Re: [Micronet] WiFi Network

mathison
RIP Airbears....

73 Mathison

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Isaac Orr <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

As anyone who is still using the old unencrypted AirBears network will have seen, we will be abating this service as of the end of summer sessions ( Friday next week). A more detailed communication will be coming out about this in the next few days.

Anyone still using AirBears should move to eduroam or AirBears2.

We've had reports in the past of issues with authentication and disconnections on AirBears2. We've spent some time in the past few weeks tuning things and seem to have resolved a lot of the known problems.

For those of you with Microsoft Surface Pro 3s that were unable to use eduroam and AirBears2, we've implemented changes on the network this morning that we believe have resolved that problem.

If you encounter problems accessing eduroam or AirBears2, please contact CSS IT at[hidden email][hidden email] or <a href="tel:510-664-9000" value="+15106649000" target="_blank">510-664-9000. We are keeping track of issues so that we can identify any major problems and resolve them before we disable AirBears.

iso