[Micronet] Windows login problems

William Doyle
Good Day,

In the last couple of hours I've seen a number of computers/users that
are hanging while setting are applied. Some boxes are hanging while
applying machine settings, on others users can authenticate but then
hang while applying personal settings.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Bill Doyle
I-House

--
William Doyle
Information Systems

Re: [Micronet] Windows login problems

Roger Emond
It hung in both places for one of my users. Once she got in, she was okay.

Roger Emond.

--
Roger Emond
Campus Shared Services IT

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM, William Doyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good Day,

In the last couple of hours I've seen a number of computers/users that
are hanging while setting are applied. Some boxes are hanging while
applying machine settings, on others users can authenticate but then
hang while applying personal settings.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Bill Doyle
I-House

--
William Doyle
Information Systems
International House at UC Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] Windows login problems

Calvin Burnes
i am also seeing this identical thing happen on XP machines here in Warren Hall.  i have several people reporting this problem.  Have not yet seen it on a win 7 system.

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM, William Doyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good Day,

In the last couple of hours I've seen a number of computers/users that
are hanging while setting are applied. Some boxes are hanging while
applying machine settings, on others users can authenticate but then
hang while applying personal settings.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Bill Doyle
I-House

--
William Doyle
Information Systems
International House at UC Berkeley

Calvin Burnes
Campus Shared Services IT
To submit a request, please go to
or call 664-9000, option 1, option 4, then option 2

Re: [Micronet] Windows login problems

Might be a problem with an authenticating server. Workstations may not
be using the same one as the server holding the files, especially if the
server is not in the same location, hence the different behavior.
Doing 'set' in a command window will give you the server each machine is
using - there may be a pattern.

Nothing unusual here, but we tend to sign in at the start of the day.

Graham

On 5/1/13 2:31 PM, William Doyle wrote:

> Good Day,
>
> In the last couple of hours I've seen a number of computers/users that
> are hanging while setting are applied. Some boxes are hanging while
> applying machine settings, on others users can authenticate but then
> hang while applying personal settings.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this?
>
> Bill Doyle
> I-House

Re: [Micronet] Windows login problems

Yoon Lee-2
We are having the same problem since around noon...

Yoon