[Micronet] Workstation Trust Relationship Problem

[Micronet] Workstation Trust Relationship Problem

Lucy Greco
Hi,

I recently connected a computer to the campus.berkeley.edu domain.  The
problem, however, is that the only logon that I can access is the admin
account the computer was created on.  When I try to logon with other users,
I receive the message: "The security database on the server does not have a
computer account for this workstation trust relationship."  Hope you can
help me out with this problem.

Thank You.

Lucy

Re: [Micronet] Workstation Trust Relationship Problem

Michael Chung
Lucy,

Try the following:

1) Login to the computer as the local administrator
2) Remove the computer from the CAMPUS domain and reboot
3) Re-add it to the CAMPUS domain and reboot

I suspect the password on the computer account in Campus AD does not match that of your workstation. I know you said that you recently connected the workstation to the campus domain, but was it restored from a backup? If you're still having problems, I'd recommend repeating the above steps after someone has reset the computer account in AD.

Good luck!

Michael Chung
Systems Administrator
Haas Enterprise Computing & Service Management
[hidden email] | 510-643-3887

I recently connected a computer to the campus.berkeley.edu domain.  The problem, however, is that the only logon that I can access is the admin account the computer was created on.  When I try to logon with other users, I receive the message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship."  Hope you can help me out with this problem.

Thank You.

Lucy

Re: [Micronet] Workstation Trust Relationship Problem

Manuel W. Castrillo
Lucy,

Couple things I will do.

I will remove the computer from the domain and rejoin back.
Also recreate the computer name in AD and rejoin with new name.

Manuel W. Castrillo
Goldman School of Public Policy
University of California, Berkeley
2607 Hearst Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94720-7320
http://gspp.berkeley.edu

==MC

I recently connected a computer to the campus.berkeley.edu domain.  The
problem, however, is that the only logon that I can access is the admin
account the computer was created on.  When I try to logon with other users,
I receive the message: "The security database on the server does not have a
computer account for this workstation trust relationship."  Hope you can
help me out with this problem.

Thank You.

Lucy

visit the Micronet Web site:

the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] Workstation Trust Relationship Problem

Lucy Greco
Thanks to everyone that answered micronet is once again proving to be the
best list on campus. I reset the account and unbound and then rebound the
computer to   ad and yup it worked.
I have just finished testing a proceed to do the look and feel task I wrote
about last week and should have done it while the system was not bownd .
Smile Lucy  next time I will remember smile thanks every one your answers
always help.

Just had that same issue with my desktop.    Turns out my computers account
in Active Directory was disabled.  I re-enabled it and all is well.
Hopefully this your problem too.

P.S. Do not know how it got disabled.
--
Richard DeShong