[Micronet] access to very old Mac

J Crothers
access to very old Mac
I'm looking for access to a very old Mac, on or near the UCB campus, running sys 6.x or 7.x on which I can run a very old version of Stella modeling software (1984 version for the original Macintosh) to recover an old physiological simulation model prepared nearly 20 years ago in our lab at UCB.  If I can locate a really old Mac, I can bring an 800k floppy with both the program (just 200k!) and the file (28k).  I'd need only a few minutes to save a text file of the model's equations list and save a screen image of the flow chart (if the system is 6.x, I can snap a picture of the screen with my camera phone).  Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

James Crothers, PhD
245 Life Sciences Addition
Molecular & Cell Biology
University of California

Re: [Micronet] access to very old Mac

Jonathan Felder
If you cannot find one, an emulator might work provided you have the
program somewhere else other than on a floppy.

http://wiki.oldos.org/Mac/68kEmulator

On 2/11/2011 3:32 PM, J Crothers wrote:

> I'm looking for access to a very old Mac, on or near the UCB campus,
> running sys 6.x or 7.x on which I can run a very old version of Stella
> modeling software (1984 version for the original Macintosh) to recover
> an old physiological simulation model prepared nearly 20 years ago in
> our lab at UCB. If I can locate a really old Mac, I can bring an 800k
> floppy with both the program (just 200k!) and the file (28k). I'd need
> only a few minutes to save a text file of the model's equations list and
> save a screen image of the flow chart (if the system is 6.x, I can snap
> a picture of the screen with my camera phone). Thanks in advance for
> anyone's help.
>
> James Crothers, PhD
> 245 Life Sciences Addition
> Molecular & Cell Biology
> University of California
> Berkeley, CA 94720-3200
> 510-642-4360

Re: [Micronet] access to very old Mac

Greg Merritt
1400c PowerBook running 8.5 in the closet over here.

PowerBook 180 as well...but no power supply. :(

Keep us posted!

Re: [Micronet] access to very old Mac

There's a Power Mac 4400/200 under my desk at home. Probably System 8
(it's been a while). Floppy and Zip 100, I think.

Part of a stagnating project to recover old drafts of my mother-in-law's
book.

I can see if it powers up this weekend if you like.

Graham

On 2/11/2011 3:32 PM, J Crothers wrote:

> I'm looking for access to a very old Mac, on or near the UCB campus,
> running sys 6.x or 7.x on which I can run a very old version of Stella
> modeling software (1984 version for the original Macintosh) to recover
> an old physiological simulation model prepared nearly 20 years ago in
> our lab at UCB.  If I can locate a really old Mac, I can bring an 800k
> floppy with both the program (just 200k!) and the file (28k).  I'd need
> only a few minutes to save a text file of the model's equations list and
> save a screen image of the flow chart (if the system is 6.x, I can snap
> a picture of the screen with my camera phone).  Thanks in advance for
> anyone's help.
>
> James Crothers, PhD
> 245 Life Sciences Addition
> Molecular & Cell Biology
> University of California
> Berkeley, CA 94720-3200
>
> 510-642-4360

Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley 510-643-2222