[Micronet] accessing Google Analytics since bCal

[Micronet] accessing Google Analytics since bCal

Satya Levine
Hi,

We have a non-berkeley.edu Google account for accessing our Google
Analytics. About 60% of the time, I am not able to log into this account.
When I navigate to GA, I get a page that reads "Google Analytics has not
been enabled by the administrator of the domain @berkeley.edu. You can sign
into another account
<https://accounts.google.com/AddSession?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co
m%2Fanalytics%2Fweb%2F&service=analytics>  to use Google Analytics." When I
click to sign into the other account, sometimes it will let me into GA and
sometimes it bounces me back to the "GA has not been enabled..." page.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Will we eventually be able to
access GA with our Berkeley.edu accounts? Is there a known work-around to be
able to reliably access GA?

I should note that I keep my bCal open in the background throughout the day,
and have sometimes been able to access GA after I've already logged into
bCal. Also, we get email in the same account that we use for GA and I have
never had difficulty being re-routed to the Gmail account.

Thanks,

Satya

Satya Levine

Communications Coordinator

Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Berkeley

1925 Walnut St #1570, Berkeley, CA 94720-1570

510.642.5254 | olli.berkeley.edu

winmail.dat (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [Micronet] accessing Google Analytics since bCal

Greg Merritt
I had some weird issue where...er, sorry for the hand-waving, but I can't recall the *exact* context...well, where I effectively could not log in at all to some Google resource via one of my accounts (@berkeley vs. @gmail) until I logged out of all Google resources/accounts, and then started freshly.

Sorry, this is pretty vague, but maybe point your browser to the main google.com page, log out of all accounts, and then have a go?

-Greg

On Aug 14, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Satya Levine wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We have a non-berkeley.edu Google account for accessing our Google
> Analytics. About 60% of the time, I am not able to log into this account.
> When I navigate to GA, I get a page that reads "Google Analytics has not
> been enabled by the administrator of the domain @berkeley.edu. You can sign
> into another account
> <https://accounts.google.com/AddSession?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co
> m%2Fanalytics%2Fweb%2F&service=analytics>  to use Google Analytics." When I
> click to sign into the other account, sometimes it will let me into GA and
> sometimes it bounces me back to the "GA has not been enabled..." page.
>

> Does anyone else have experience with this? Will we eventually be able to
> access GA with our Berkeley.edu accounts? Is there a known work-around to be
> able to reliably access GA?
>

> I should note that I keep my bCal open in the background throughout the day,
> and have sometimes been able to access GA after I've already logged into
> bCal. Also, we get email in the same account that we use for GA and I have
> never had difficulty being re-routed to the Gmail account.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Satya
>

> Satya Levine
>
> Communications Coordinator
>
> Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Berkeley
>
> 1925 Walnut St #1570, Berkeley, CA 94720-1570
>
> 510.642.5254 | olli.berkeley.edu
>

> <winmail.dat>

Re: [Micronet] accessing Google Analytics since bCal

mcstevem
Another alternative is to use more than one browser -- I use Chrome,
logged in as my CalNet self, to keep bCal open all day, and Firefox for
my other browsing needs, including logging in with another account to
Google Analytics and the other Google tools that are not (or not yet?)
supported by "official" UC Berkeley Google accounts.

~ Steve

Steve McConnell
Web managing editor, UC Berkeley
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On 8/14/2012 2:36 PM, Greg Merritt wrote:

> I had some weird issue where...er, sorry for the hand-waving, but I can't recall the *exact* context...well, where I effectively could not log in at all to some Google resource via one of my accounts (@berkeley vs. @gmail) until I logged out of all Google resources/accounts, and then started freshly.
>
> Sorry, this is pretty vague, but maybe point your browser to the main google.com page, log out of all accounts, and then have a go?
>
> -Greg
>

> On Aug 14, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Satya Levine wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> We have a non-berkeley.edu Google account for accessing our Google
>> Analytics. About 60% of the time, I am not able to log into this account.
>> When I navigate to GA, I get a page that reads "Google Analytics has not
>> been enabled by the administrator of the domain @berkeley.edu. You can sign
>> into another account
>> <https://accounts.google.com/AddSession?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co
>> m%2Fanalytics%2Fweb%2F&service=analytics>  to use Google Analytics." When I
>> click to sign into the other account, sometimes it will let me into GA and
>> sometimes it bounces me back to the "GA has not been enabled..." page.
>>

>> Does anyone else have experience with this? Will we eventually be able to
>> access GA with our Berkeley.edu accounts? Is there a known work-around to be
>> able to reliably access GA?
>>

>> I should note that I keep my bCal open in the background throughout the day,
>> and have sometimes been able to access GA after I've already logged into
>> bCal. Also, we get email in the same account that we use for GA and I have
>> never had difficulty being re-routed to the Gmail account.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Satya
>>

>> Satya Levine
>>
>> Communications Coordinator
>>
>> Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Berkeley
>>
>> 1925 Walnut St #1570, Berkeley, CA 94720-1570
>>
>> 510.642.5254 | olli.berkeley.edu
>>

>> <winmail.dat>

Re: [Micronet] accessing Google Analytics since bCal

Aron Roberts
It's possible that the following Google Help pages might potentially
be relevant to this discussion - and more generally, to simultaneously
access bCal (and later, bMail) accounts, as well as other Google
accounts, within the same browser:

"Multiple sign-in"
https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1752345
(a useful intro page on the Google AdWords help site)

"A feature that allows you to sign in to 10 or fewer Google Accounts
at the same time. For example, have both your work Gmail and personal
Gmail open at the same time in the same Internet browser. Most but not
all Google products support multiple sign-in. ..."

"Sign in to multiple accounts at once"
http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1721977
(a longer description of how to use this feature)

It'd be interesting to get the Productivity Suite folks' take on this,
if this isn't already an FAQ somewhere.

Aron Roberts
Research & Content Technologies

P.S. Also, from a quick and superficial Google search, it appears
possible that Google Analytics might not yet support this multiple
sign-in feature?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Greg Merritt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had some weird issue where...er, sorry for the hand-waving, but I can't recall the *exact* context...well, where I effectively could not log in at all to some Google resource via one of my accounts (@berkeley vs. @gmail) until I logged out of all Google resources/accounts, and then started freshly.
>
> Sorry, this is pretty vague, but maybe point your browser to the main google.com page, log out of all accounts, and then have a go?
>
> -Greg
>

> On Aug 14, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Satya Levine wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> We have a non-berkeley.edu Google account for accessing our Google
>> Analytics. About 60% of the time, I am not able to log into this account.
>> When I navigate to GA, I get a page that reads "Google Analytics has not
>> been enabled by the administrator of the domain @berkeley.edu. You can sign
>> into another account
>> <https://accounts.google.com/AddSession?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co
>> m%2Fanalytics%2Fweb%2F&service=analytics>  to use Google Analytics." When I
>> click to sign into the other account, sometimes it will let me into GA and
>> sometimes it bounces me back to the "GA has not been enabled..." page.
>>

>> Does anyone else have experience with this? Will we eventually be able to
>> access GA with our Berkeley.edu accounts? Is there a known work-around to be
>> able to reliably access GA?
>>

>> I should note that I keep my bCal open in the background throughout the day,
>> and have sometimes been able to access GA after I've already logged into
>> bCal. Also, we get email in the same account that we use for GA and I have
>> never had difficulty being re-routed to the Gmail account.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Satya
>>

>> Satya Levine
>>
>> Communications Coordinator
>>
>> Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Berkeley
>>
>> 1925 Walnut St #1570, Berkeley, CA 94720-1570
>>
>> 510.642.5254 | olli.berkeley.edu
>>

>> <winmail.dat>

Re: [Micronet] accessing Google Analytics since bCal

Ben Gross
In case it is useful, here are references I found that I posted to the DOCS list a while back.

Hi Everyone,

The question about people having multiple Google Accounts comes up frequently. I did a little research and found instructions for a number of ways to accomplish this. The first two links pretty much cover all the useful permutations.

The five best ways to switch between Google accounts | TechRepublic
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/google-in-the-enterprise/the-five-best-ways-to-switch-between-google-accounts/1015

How to Create Separate Profiles in Google Chrome for Family Members
http://www.labnol.org/software/create-family-profiles-in-google-chrome/4394/

Other options for using multiple accounts - Accounts Help
http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=179235

Google Getting Serious About Chrome Profiles, The Logged-In Experience | TechCrunch
http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/13/google-chrome-logged-in/

Access two Gmail accounts at once in the same browser | Official Gmail Blog
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/access-two-gmail-accounts-at-once-in.html

Email delegation: Granting access to your Gmail account | Official Gmail Blog
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/email-delegation-granting-access-to.html

Tip: Manage several email accounts with Multiple Inboxes | Official Gmail Blog
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/tip-manage-several-email-accounts-with.html

How To Login To Multiple Accounts On The Same Website Simultaneously
http://maketecheasier.com/login-to-multiple-accounts-on-the-same-website-simultaneously/2009/05/12

Thank you,
Ben