[Micronet] auto contact population in Other Contacts in bcal?

[Micronet] auto contact population in Other Contacts in bcal?

Joyce Martin

Hi

In Google, I noticed I have contacts I did not manually enter in my “other contacts” list associated with my UCB address.

How did they get there? Is there some kind of autopopulation of the Other Contacts?

Thanks!

Joyce Martin

Business Analyst

Facilities Services Information Technology

2000 Carleton

Berkeley, CA  94720-1380

(510) 643-1485

calshare links – log in like this:  CAMPUS\yourcalnetID     Password: your calnet passphrase

Joyce’s Blog – bCal Updates and bCal Discussion Board

FSITSupport Website

Universal Desktop User Info – Prep Info, How To’s, Discussion Board

Re: [Micronet] auto contact population in Other Contacts in bcal?

Sharon K. Goetz
Are these professional or personal contacts? Anyone with whom you've
exchanged e-mail is added automatically to Other Contacts, from which you
can categorize them or not.

Google does its best to cross-link all versions of you, so if they're
personal contacts, they may be "borrowed" from your personal account. For
me, removing my campus e-mail addresses from my personal Google account's
contacts list fixed that problem.

Cheers,
Sharon

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Joyce Martin wrote:

> Hi
>
> In Google, I noticed I have contacts I did not manually enter in my “other contacts” list associated with my UCB address.
>

> How did they get there? Is there some kind of autopopulation of the Other Contacts?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Joyce Martin

Re: [Micronet] auto contact population in Other Contacts in bcal?

Julie Petersen
You can turn off that behavior in your Gmail settings on the General tab. Here's a screenshot:
Inline image 1

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Sharon K. Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are these professional or personal contacts? Anyone with whom you've
exchanged e-mail is added automatically to Other Contacts, from which you
can categorize them or not.

Google does its best to cross-link all versions of you, so if they're
personal contacts, they may be "borrowed" from your personal account. For
me, removing my campus e-mail addresses from my personal Google account's
contacts list fixed that problem.

Cheers,
Sharon

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Joyce Martin wrote:
> Hi
>
> In Google, I noticed I have contacts I did not manually enter in my “other contacts” list associated with my UCB address.
>

> How did they get there? Is there some kind of autopopulation of the Other Contacts?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Joyce Martin

Julie Petersen
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
IT Collaboration Services
Phone: <a href="tel:%28510%29%20486-5320" value="+15104865320" target="_blank">(510) 486-5320

Are these professional or personal contacts? Anyone with whom you've exchanged e-mail is added automatically to Other Contacts, from which you can categorize them or not.

Google does its best to cross-link all versions of you, so if they're personal contacts, they may be "borrowed" from your personal account. For me, removing my campus e-mail addresses from my personal Google account's contacts list fixed that problem.

Cheers,
Sharon

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Joyce Martin wrote:

> Hi
>
> In Google, I noticed I have contacts I did not manually enter in my “other contacts” list associated with my UCB address.
>

> How did they get there? Is there some kind of autopopulation of the Other Contacts?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Joyce Martin

You can turn off that behavior in your Gmail settings on the General tab. Here's a screenshot:
Inline image 1

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Sharon K. Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are these professional or personal contacts? Anyone with whom you've
exchanged e-mail is added automatically to Other Contacts, from which you
can categorize them or not.

Google does its best to cross-link all versions of you, so if they're
personal contacts, they may be "borrowed" from your personal account. For
me, removing my campus e-mail addresses from my personal Google account's
contacts list fixed that problem.

Cheers,
Sharon

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Joyce Martin wrote:

> Hi
>
> In Google, I noticed I have contacts I did not manually enter in my “other contacts” list associated with my UCB address.
>

> How did they get there? Is there some kind of autopopulation of the Other Contacts?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Joyce Martin

Julie Petersen
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
IT Collaboration Services
Phone: <a href="tel:%28510%29%20486-5320" target="_blank">(510) 486-5320

Re: [Micronet] auto contact population in Other Contacts in bcal?

Joyce Martin

My colleague Donna Lee found the “feature” explanation:

https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8933&topic=1284985&parent=1284984&rd=1

Thanks!

Joyce Martin

Business Analyst

Facilities Services Information Technology

2000 Carleton

Berkeley, CA  94720-1380

(510) 643-1485

calshare links – log in like this:  CAMPUS\yourcalnetID     Password: your calnet passphrase

Joyce’s Blog – bCal Updates and bCal Discussion Board

FSITSupport Website

Universal Desktop User Info – Prep Info, How To’s, Discussion Board

You can turn off that behavior in your Gmail settings on the General tab. Here's a screenshot:
Inline image 1

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Sharon K. Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are these professional or personal contacts? Anyone with whom you've
exchanged e-mail is added automatically to Other Contacts, from which you
can categorize them or not.

Google does its best to cross-link all versions of you, so if they're
personal contacts, they may be "borrowed" from your personal account. For
me, removing my campus e-mail addresses from my personal Google account's
contacts list fixed that problem.

Cheers,
Sharon

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Joyce Martin wrote:

> Hi
>
> In Google, I noticed I have contacts I did not manually enter in my “other contacts” list associated with my UCB address.
>

> How did they get there? Is there some kind of autopopulation of the Other Contacts?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Joyce Martin

Julie Petersen
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
IT Collaboration Services
Phone: <a href="tel:%28510%29%20486-5320" target="_blank">(510) 486-5320

Re: [Micronet] auto contact population in Other Contacts in bcal?

Bernie Rossi
Joyce,

Please do not put [hidden email] on these messages.  It opens up a new ticket each time there is a response and further impacts the team.

Thanks,

Bernie

On 8/14/12 11:56 AM, Joyce Martin wrote:

My colleague Donna Lee found the “feature” explanation:

https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8933&topic=1284985&parent=1284984&rd=1

Thanks!

Joyce Martin

Business Analyst

Facilities Services Information Technology

2000 Carleton

Berkeley, CA  94720-1380

(510) 643-1485

calshare links – log in like this:  CAMPUS\yourcalnetID     Password: your calnet passphrase

Joyce’s Blog – bCal Updates and bCal Discussion Board

FSITSupport Website

Universal Desktop User Info – Prep Info, How To’s, Discussion Board

You can turn off that behavior in your Gmail settings on the General tab. Here's a screenshot:
Inline
            image 1

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Sharon K. Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are these professional or personal contacts? Anyone with whom you've
exchanged e-mail is added automatically to Other Contacts, from which you
can categorize them or not.

Google does its best to cross-link all versions of you, so if they're
personal contacts, they may be "borrowed" from your personal account. For
me, removing my campus e-mail addresses from my personal Google account's
contacts list fixed that problem.

Cheers,
Sharon

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Joyce Martin wrote:
> Hi
>
> In Google, I noticed I have contacts I did not manually enter in my “other contacts” list associated with my UCB address.
>

> How did they get there? Is there some kind of autopopulation of the Other Contacts?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Joyce Martin

Julie Petersen
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
IT Collaboration Services
Phone: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28510%29%20486-5320" target="_blank">(510) 486-5320