[Micronet] bApps, Form, update SQL table, form style

[Micronet] bApps, Form, update SQL table, form style

Richard DeShong-2
Dear Micronetters,
I've used the bApps Form to collect info from staff into a spreadsheet.  Got that.  Now I want to have a script run on a schedule that pulls that data into a SQL table.  Does anyone know of any way to do that?

Also, is there anyone on campus that is modifying the options available when building a google form?  I'm interested in two thing, in particular:

1) A tighter style.  I notice that bMail has Comfortable, Cozy, and Compact.  Is there anything like that for the Forms.

2) The ability to specify date and time fields.

--
Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst
Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley

Re: [Micronet] bApps, Form, update SQL table, form style

Tim Heidinger
Richard,
re: Pulling data out from your Google spreadsheet...
Two thoughts:

1. Experiment with staying within the Google-verse.   Have you explored Google's Apps Script: https://developers.google.com/apps-script/overview  (I've experimented with a few things and it seems quite handy.)

They have something called ScriptDB https://developers.google.com/apps-script/scriptdb which might serve as a substitute for an external SQL table.  (haven't used ScriptDB personally)

2. Create an API for your form data by using the ContentService
https://developers.google.com/apps-script/content_service.  I'm assuming there are utilities that would make it easy to pull the data via a standard API.

Cheers
Tim Heidinger <[hidden email]>
University of California, Berkeley
Student Affairs Information Technology
Skype: theidinger  Phone: (510) 629-4272

[...]

Vivian,
Thanks for the suggestion.  If my only interest is to pull data into a MS SQL app, then I'd go down that road.  I'm looking for a way to present the data to any system.

Tim,
Thanks Tim, these resources seem more like what I was looking for.  They have the potential to create better forms, and provide access to the data by other systems.