[Micronet] bConnected anecdote

Joyce Martin
Hi everyone
I thought I would share a true story on users, IT, and what I call sticky-brain learning...

What with our recent bConnected migrations and communications and trainings and demos...we have driven the point home!  We are bConnected! bMail! bCal!

So, one of our users needed access to a Hub site.  So our tech person sent him the link.  However, the person could not log in and was having problems.

The tech finally remoted in to his computer, to see what was going on.

Turns out the user was typing into his web browser:  [hidden email]

oo la la

--

Joyce Martin

Business Analyst

Facilities Services Information Technology

2000 Carleton

Berkeley, CA  94720-1380

(510) 643-1485

calshare links – log in like this:  CAMPUS\yourcalnetID     Password: your
calnet passphrase

*Joyce’s Blog – bCal Updates and bCal Discussion Board<https://calshare.berkeley.edu/sites/fs/supportservices/joycesblog/default.aspx>
***

*FSITSupport Website<https://calshare.berkeley.edu/sites/fs/supportservices/default.aspx>
*

*Universal Desktop User Info – Prep Info, How To’s, Discussion Board<https://calshare.berkeley.edu/sites/fs/supportservices/UnivDT/SitePages/Home.aspx>
*

Re: [Micronet] bConnected anecdote

Rick Jaffe
Hi Joyce,

I'm smiling as I re-read your story. Sticky-brain learning, knowledge in your fingertips, muscle memory -- repetition and pattern are powerful aspects of learning. Maybe it's time for a Research Hub re-branding! In the meantime, I think I'll look into re-directing [hidden email] to [hidden email]... ah, I see that Aron has already come up with that idea.

Thanks!
Rick

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Joyce MARTIN <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Graham Patterson
It is tempting to try and register bsensible.berkeley.edu, or
bhind.berkeley.edu...

Graham