[Micronet] bMail spell check

Marc Buchalter
bMail spell check does not seem to work very well.  For several weeks I have found that  it identifies errors but when I click on the correction that spell check offers the mistyped word does not change.  Has anyone else noticed this?

*Please help us improve our customer service.  Take a minute to participate in our Satisfaction Survey athttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ucbps_survey   Thank you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caveat Emptor

Marc Buchalter
Senior Campus Buyer
Procurement Services
University of California
1995 University Avenue, Suite 114
Berkeley, CA  94794-5600

Phone: (510) 642-2579

Re: [Micronet] bMail spell check

John McChesney-Young
Although bMail does provide a spellcheck feature, the automatic
spellcheck in bMail is dependent on the browser you're using, not
Google - assuming you're using the web interface, not Thunderbird,
Apple Mail, PINE, etc.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7987?hl=en

It might be worth experimenting with a few browsers.

If the misbehaving spellcheck is in fact the automatic one, you might
be able to fix it by restarting the application, restarting the
computer, trying out a fresh new profile/account in that browser, and
if worst comes to worst, uninstalling and reinstalling the browser.

My strange experience with browser spellcheck has been that one of
them I use - I think Firefox - sometimes spontaneously switches to
Canadian English from US. That can be fixed via right-click
preferences.

Best,

John

--
John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020