[Micronet] calendar syncing with cell phones, FAQ or discussion list

[Micronet] calendar syncing with cell phones, FAQ or discussion list

Joyce Martin

Hi – bCal implementers…

1. I would like a list of phones that will sync with bCal, with instructions.  We have a lot of staff that use this feature currently with calagenda.

2. Is there a FAQ yet for “technical” questions regarding bCal?  We really need one.

Here is a format that I find VERY useful, as an example:

https://calshare.berkeley.edu/Lists/CalShare%20Discuss/AllItems.aspx

This list doesn’t have much…but on the one (2007) Michael managed before, the list was pretty long, but I could quickly scan  to find info I needed.  It was really helpful also in presenting info I didn’t know I needed, and also in learning what the common problems/issues were.

I could set up a resource if you would like.  Please contact me.

Thanks!

Joyce Martin

Business Analyst

Facilities Services Information Technology

2000 Carleton

Berkeley, CA  94720-1380

(510) 643-1485

fax (510) 642-7271

FSITSupport Website:

https://calshare.berkeley.edu/sites/fs/supportservices/default.aspx

Universal Desktop User Info – Prep Info, How To’s, Discussion Board

https://calshare.berkeley.edu/sites/fs/supportservices/UnivDT/SitePages/Home.aspx

Re: [Micronet] calendar syncing with cell phones, FAQ or discussion list

Greg Merritt
No disagreement with the requests -- sounds like those will be needed/useful resources -- but I'll wager that general configuration procedures will end up being quite similar those described here:

http://www.google.com/sync/

Well...at least I hope so!

-Greg

On Jul 12, 2012, at 10:50 AM, Joyce Martin wrote:

> Hi – bCal implementers…
>
> 1. I would like a list of phones that will sync with bCal, with instructions.  We have a lot of staff that use this feature currently with calagenda.
>
> 2. Is there a FAQ yet for “technical” questions regarding bCal?  We really need one.
>
> Here is a format that I find VERY useful, as an example:
> https://calshare.berkeley.edu/Lists/CalShare%20Discuss/AllItems.aspx
> This list doesn’t have much…but on the one (2007) Michael managed before, the list was pretty long, but I could quickly scan  to find info I needed.  It was really helpful also in presenting info I didn’t know I needed, and also in learning what the common problems/issues were.
>
> I could set up a resource if you would like.  Please contact me.
>
> Thanks!

Re: [Micronet] calendar syncing with cell phones, FAQ or discussion list

Bernie Rossi
Hi Joyce,

We are currently working on Knowledge Base articles for accessing bCal with mobile devices.  They are not quite ready for distribution yet.

We will be sending out more information tomorrow to both the Dept IT list as well as Micronet.  A larger announcement will be going out to the campus on Monday.

Thanks,

Bernie

On 7/12/12 10:50 AM, Joyce Martin wrote:

[...]

Great, thanks!

Joyce Martin

Business Analyst

Facilities Services Information Technology

2000 Carleton

Berkeley, CA  94720-1380

(510) 643-1485

fax (510) 642-7271