[Micronet] calmail for emeritii faculty and students

[Micronet] calmail for emeritii faculty and students

Claudia A. WATERS

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if faculty can keep their calmail accounts after they retire?

I was told today by consult@calmail ‘No”.  I was told that they could pay $10 (one time fee) to forward email from their calmail accounts to another account.  Or they could join the Alumni Association for $70/year and continue their calmail accounts.

Our HR rep was told ‘Yes”—faculty could continue to use their calmail accounts after retirement with no fee.

Which is correct?  We have a number of retiring faculty and so this is important.

I was also told by consult@calmail that there was a recent change for UCB graduates.  I was told students could continue to use their calmail email addresses.  Is this correct?

Many thanks to anyone who can clarify these questions.

Claudia

Re: [Micronet] calmail for emeritii faculty and students

Michele Tomkin
Hi Claudia,

Emeriti can keep their @berkeley.edu addresses for free.  Per:

  https://kb.berkeley.edu/kb1385

  Emeriti are able to keep their accounts indefinitely but their
  department must also enter their status as an emeriti in HRMS.

There is a new service that is being offered to recent graduates.
They can convert their @berkeley.edu accounts into redirects, so that
their email is forwarded to a new address that they specify.  For
more details, see:

  https://kb.berkeley.edu/kb2758

Regards, Michele

Michele Tomkin
CalMail Support

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Claudia Waters wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me if faculty can keep their calmail accounts after they
> retire?
>

> I was told today by consult@calmail 'No".  I was told that they could pay
> $10 (one time fee) to forward email from their calmail accounts to another
> account.  Or they could join the Alumni Association for $70/year and
> continue their calmail accounts.
>

> Our HR rep was told 'Yes"-faculty could continue to use their calmail
> accounts after retirement with no fee.
>

> Which is correct?  We have a number of retiring faculty and so this is
> important.
>

> I was also told by consult@calmail that there was a recent change for UCB
> graduates.  I was told students could continue to use their calmail email
> addresses.  Is this correct?
>

> Many thanks to anyone who can clarify these questions.
>

> Claudia

Re: [Micronet] calmail for emeritii faculty and students

Jon Broshious
Hi Claudia,

Retiring staff and faculty members Can contact UCBRC (The Retirement Center) about the Calmail service they offer to non-emeritus employees.

http://thecenter.berkeley.edu/connect.html#crcn

The UCBRC asks for $10 to set up a permanent redirect (email forwarding).

They also have an option to pay $70 a year to keep your email account active, have Symantec Endpoint Protection, and supply tech support for those and other services provided for the annual fee.

As Michele pointed out. If they are Cal Alumni, the CAA lets them set up a redirect for free on the CAA website.
http://cal.berkeley.edu/ (look for the link to "Manage email forwarding")

Jon Broshious

At 09:16 PM 7/2/2010, michele wrote:
Hi Claudia,

Emeriti can keep their @berkeley.edu addresses for free.  Per:

         https://kb.berkeley.edu/kb1385

        Emeriti are able to keep their accounts indefinitely but their
        department must also enter their status as an emeriti in HRMS.

There is a new service that is being offered to recent graduates.
They can convert their @berkeley.edu accounts into redirects, so that
their email is forwarded to a new address that they specify.  For
more details, see:

         https://kb.berkeley.edu/kb2758

Regards, Michele

Michele Tomkin
CalMail Support

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Claudia Waters wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me if faculty can keep their calmail accounts after they
> retire?
>

> I was told today by consult@calmail 'No".  I was told that they could pay
> $10 (one time fee) to forward email from their calmail accounts to another
> account.  Or they could join the Alumni Association for $70/year and
> continue their calmail accounts.
>

> Our HR rep was told 'Yes"-faculty could continue to use their calmail
> accounts after retirement with no fee.
>

> Which is correct?  We have a number of retiring faculty and so this is
> important.
>

> I was also told by consult@calmail that there was a recent change for UCB
> graduates.  I was told students could continue to use their calmail email
> addresses.  Is this correct?
>

> Many thanks to anyone who can clarify these questions.
>

> Claudia

Jon Broshious
UC Berkeley-IST
2484 Shattuck,  MC4894