[Micronet] calnet guest passphrase reset request -- where/how?

[Micronet] calnet guest passphrase reset request -- where/how?

Greg Merritt
Dear Micronet,

Do folks know the best contact number/email/process for a calnet guest users to get their forgotten passphrase reset?

The phone number on the failed login screen rings the Cal 1 office, which is barking up the wrong tree, and confuses everybody. ;)

Thanks!

Re: [Micronet] calnet guest passphrase reset request -- where/how?

Lawrence Huntley SWEET
At the biz school we had a calnet deputy that handled the guest user problems...I think every dept. is supposed to have a deputy (if I am remembering correctly).

Lawrence Sweet
AP IV .-|-. SAIT
510 -612-6180
ut animam tuam, et cerebrum manere flexibile aperimus

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Micronet,

Do folks know the best contact number/email/process for a calnet guest users to get their forgotten passphrase reset?

The phone number on the failed login screen rings the Cal 1 office, which is barking up the wrong tree, and confuses everybody. ;)

Thanks!

Re: [Micronet] calnet guest passphrase reset request -- where/how?

Sondra Reinman
Hi All,

Yes.  CalNet Deputies can issue tokens for guests.  The deputy would
have to know both the uid and the CalNet ID and the lookup tool does
not have access to the guest info.

The new credential management app will eventually have an option for
self-service passphrase reset, but it won't be in version one.

thanks, Sondra

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oooh can deputies reset guests?  That would be cool....
>
> -Greg
>

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Lawrence Huntley SWEET <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> At the biz school we had a calnet deputy that handled the guest user
>> problems...I think every dept. is supposed to have a deputy (if I am
>> remembering correctly).
>>
>> Lawrence Sweet
>> AP IV .-|-. SAIT
>> 510 -612-6180
>> ut animam tuam, et cerebrum manere flexibile aperimus
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Micronet,
>>>
>>> Do folks know the best contact number/email/process for a calnet guest
>>> users to get their forgotten passphrase reset?
>>>
>>> The phone number on the failed login screen rings the Cal 1 office, which
>>> is barking up the wrong tree, and confuses everybody. ;)
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Greg

>>> meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>>>
>>> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>>>
>>> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and
>>> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
>>> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
>>> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

> visit the Micronet Web site:

> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] calnet guest passphrase reset request -- where/how?

Greg Merritt
Wow -- ok, thanks, Sondra!

-Greg

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Sondra Reinman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Yes.  CalNet Deputies can issue tokens for guests.  The deputy would
have to know both the uid and the CalNet ID and the lookup tool does
not have access to the guest info.

The new credential management app will eventually have an option for
self-service passphrase reset, but it won't be in version one.

thanks, Sondra

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Oooh can deputies reset guests?  That would be cool....
>
> -Greg
>

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Lawrence Huntley SWEET <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> At the biz school we had a calnet deputy that handled the guest user
>> problems...I think every dept. is supposed to have a deputy (if I am
>> remembering correctly).
>>
>> Lawrence Sweet
>> AP IV .-|-. SAIT
>> 510 -612-6180
>> ut animam tuam, et cerebrum manere flexibile aperimus
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Micronet,
>>>
>>> Do folks know the best contact number/email/process for a calnet guest
>>> users to get their forgotten passphrase reset?
>>>
>>> The phone number on the failed login screen rings the Cal 1 office, which
>>> is barking up the wrong tree, and confuses everybody. ;)
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Greg

>>> meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>>>
>>> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>>>
>>> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and
>>> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
>>> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
>>> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

> visit the Micronet Web site:

> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] calnet guest passphrase reset request -- where/how?

Dedra Chamberlin
One more thing on guest accounts...

The current CalNet guest system was built on Oracle Waveset, which we are retiring at the end of this month.

The CalNet team has re-factored the CalNet Guest system and began testing that with existing CalNet guest customers about 2 weeks ago. That new system will go live on June 30, at which point new guest accounts will need to be created in the new system. We have been working with the campus departments that we knew were using CalNet guest on planning this migration. If you are new to CalNet guest, we can get you access to the new system for advance testing so you can inform your users.

Please note that the way guest accounts are exposed in LDAP and AD and the way guests authenticate will not change,  so you shouldn't need to make any changes when it comes to using that data for authorization. The front-end app for creating guest accounts *will* change. If you need more info, please contact [hidden email]

Thanks!

- Dedra

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Sondra Reinman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Yes.  CalNet Deputies can issue tokens for guests.  The deputy would
have to know both the uid and the CalNet ID and the lookup tool does
not have access to the guest info.

The new credential management app will eventually have an option for
self-service passphrase reset, but it won't be in version one.

thanks, Sondra

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Oooh can deputies reset guests?  That would be cool....
>
> -Greg
>

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Lawrence Huntley SWEET <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> At the biz school we had a calnet deputy that handled the guest user
>> problems...I think every dept. is supposed to have a deputy (if I am
>> remembering correctly).
>>
>> Lawrence Sweet
>> AP IV .-|-. SAIT
>> 510 -612-6180
>> ut animam tuam, et cerebrum manere flexibile aperimus
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Micronet,
>>>
>>> Do folks know the best contact number/email/process for a calnet guest
>>> users to get their forgotten passphrase reset?
>>>
>>> The phone number on the failed login screen rings the Cal 1 office, which
>>> is barking up the wrong tree, and confuses everybody. ;)
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Greg

>>> meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>>>
>>> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>>>
>>> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and
>>> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
>>> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
>>> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

> visit the Micronet Web site:

> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] calnet guest passphrase reset request -- where/how?

Richard DeShong-2
And on the Calnet page, there is a link to the calnet wiki.  On this site, scroll down in the left hand column to find a link to the Calnet Deputies list.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Dedra Chamberlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> users to get their forgotten passphrase reset?
>>>
>>> The phone number on the failed login screen rings the Cal 1 office, which
>>> is barking up the wrong tree, and confuses everybody. ;)
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Greg

>>> meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site:
>>>
>>> http://micronet.berkeley.edu
>>>
>>> Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and
>>> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
>>> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
>>> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

> visit the Micronet Web site:

> the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
> these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
> employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu