[Micronet] connecting to Airbears2 from a Win XP laptop

[Micronet] connecting to Airbears2 from a Win XP laptop

David Nguyen
Has anyone done this successfully? I keep trying to connect but i get a bevy of connection errors such as Windows Unable to Find a Certificate to Log you onto the Network Airbears.

A collegue also has not been able to get onto Airbears2 with another Win XP laptop and they get this error:

So anyone out there in Micronet land willing to throw me a bone on this one? Its funny because the instructions to connect on the Airbears 2 site have instructions on how to connect with WIn7, IOS, Phones, Tablet...pretty much everything BUT a windows XP laptop.

Thanks in adavnce Micronetters!

Dave

Re: [Micronet] connecting to Airbears2 from a Win XP laptop

Isaac Orr
Hi David,

We're working on getting a document in the KB for Windows XP.  The
fact is that XP is more difficult to set up for WPA2 Enterprise (the
type of security we use on AirBears2) than most other operating
systems/devices.

In the meantime, you can contact CSS IT and they will get you help.
(510 664 9000 or [hidden email]).

Also, any tips or tricks related to AirBears2 connectivity that get
posted here I will make sure get incorporated in the appropriate KB
article so that others can find it easily in the future.

Regards

iso

--
Isaac Simon Orr
Manager, Network Operations and Services

Re: [Micronet] connecting to Airbears2 from a Win XP laptop

John Fuhs-Sooter
Hello David,
     There is a wireless profile that can be imported into a laptop to get it to connect to AirBears2. It has been tested only on Windows 7. CSS IT Service Desk (664-9000) can assist you with importing the profile.
     I do not know if it will work with XP. I will be testing that tomorrow and will let you know what I find.

John Fuhs-Sooter
Campus Shared Services IT
To submit a request, please go to
or call 664-9000, option 1, option 4, then option 2