[Micronet] eduroam

Ivan Ordonez
All,

Has anyone used "eduroam" in campus?

If not, is this something we can use in the future? Eduroam info and FAQ are below.

-Ivan
<><

Sent from mobile device, please excuse typos.

Re: [Micronet] eduroam

jon kuroda-2
I recall that this was mentioned in a Network Ops update at a
not-too-very-long-ago Micronet - http://micronet.berkeley.edu/node/30
but the slides from that meeting are no longer available.  --Jon

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 12:35:10PM -0800, Ivan ORDONEZ wrote:

> All,
>
> Has anyone used "eduroam" in campus?
>
> If not, is this something we can use in the future? Eduroam info and FAQ
> are below.
>
> https://www.eduroam.org/
> https://www.eduroam.org/index.php?p=faq#setup
>

> -Ivan
> <><
>
> Sent from mobile device, please excuse typos.

Re: [Micronet] eduroam

Petersen, Joanne

Hello Ivan,

Berkeley already has Eduroam.  Here is the information:

eduroam-US Institutions | eduroam-US

https://www.eduroam.us/eduroam_us_institutions

Best regards,

Joanne Hiratsuka Petersen

Strategic Sourcing Manager - IT Hardware | Campus Procurement & Contracting

University of California, San Francisco |1855 Folsom #304 | San Francisco, CA 94143-0910

UC Berkeley Procurement Services | 1995 University Avenue #325 | Berkeley, CA 94704

( 415-514-2872 | * [hidden email] | [hidden email]

Re: [Micronet] eduroam

jon kuroda-2
Specifically - UC Berkeley is in eduroam Beta Testing.

http://itactionplan.berkeley.edu/continually-improve indicates that
it is due for general release in June 2014 (so says Michael Green).

--Jon

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 04:58:47PM +0000, Petersen, Joanne wrote:

> Hello Ivan,
>
> Berkeley already has Eduroam.  Here is the information:
>
> eduroam-US Institutions | eduroam-US
> https://www.eduroam.us/eduroam_us_institutions
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joanne Hiratsuka Petersen
> Strategic Sourcing Manager - IT Hardware | Campus Procurement & Contracting
> University of California, San Francisco |1855 Folsom #304 | San Francisco, CA 94143-0910
> UC Berkeley Procurement Services | 1995 University Avenue #325 | Berkeley, CA 94704
> * 415-514-2872 | * [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> | [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Isaac Orr
Jon is correct.  We're currently working on a deployment of eduroam on campus.

There's two aspects to this - one is that when you travel to another
institution that has eduroam, you should be able to use their wifi
network fairly seamlessly.  The other is that when people from those
institutions come here they will be able to use our wifi network
without needing guest accounts.

The timeframe of June 2014 for this to be available isn't set in stone
at the moment, but seems accurate based on our current rate of
progress.

Regards

iso

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM, jon kuroda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Specifically - UC Berkeley is in eduroam Beta Testing.
>
> http://itactionplan.berkeley.edu/continually-improve indicates that
> it is due for general release in June 2014 (so says Michael Green).
>
> --Jon
>
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 04:58:47PM +0000, Petersen, Joanne wrote:
>> Hello Ivan,
>>
>> Berkeley already has Eduroam.  Here is the information:
>>
>> eduroam-US Institutions | eduroam-US
>> https://www.eduroam.us/eduroam_us_institutions
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Joanne Hiratsuka Petersen
>> Strategic Sourcing Manager - IT Hardware | Campus Procurement & Contracting
>> University of California, San Francisco |1855 Folsom #304 | San Francisco, CA 94143-0910
>> UC Berkeley Procurement Services | 1995 University Avenue #325 | Berkeley, CA 94704
>> * 415-514-2872 | * [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> | [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Isaac Simon Orr
Manager, Network Operations and Services
IST Telecommunications, UC Berkeley
P: +1 510 643 9837 C: +1 510 517 9408 E: [hidden email]