[Micronet] getting at old e-mail

Lucy Greco

Hello:

 I have many old outlook pst files and I want to search them for a few messages. Is there any way to do this without having to import then in to a profile

Re: [Micronet] getting at old e-mail

Dennis Arrigan

Lucy,

In Outlook go to the upper toolbar click on File-àData File Management-àData File -à Add File. This will bring up a window asking for the location of the .pst file you want to add. Select the file you want to add and Outlook will put a new Personnel Folder on the Navigation Pane on the left. You can repeat this step for each file you want to look at. When you are done reviewing you can remove them from the Navigation Bar.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

 I have many old outlook pst files and I want to search them for a few messages. Is there any way to do this without having to import then in to a profile

Re: [Micronet] getting at old e-mail

Robert Hiramoto
Re: [Micronet] getting at old e-mail Hi Lucia,

Go to File, Open, Outlook data file, then browse to the location of your pst.

It should then open in a separate tree on the folder listing.
~R

On 6/4/10 1:27 PM, "lgreco@..." <lgreco@...> wrote:

Hello:
 I have many old outlook pst files and I want to search them for a few messages. Is there any way to do this without having to import then in to a profile

~Robert
Robert Hiramoto
IT Manager
Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE)
University of California, Berkeley
2521 Channing Way #5555
Berkeley, CA 94720-5555

Phone:  (510) 643-3903
Fax:  (510) 642-6432

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday:  8:00 am to 4:00 pm

Re: [Micronet] getting at old e-mail

Brian Peterson

Lucy,

If you use one of the desktop search products (google, windows, …), once you’ve opened them, you can tell them to index those pst files as well, which makes search much faster (including attachments). There is a performance impact on your machine however if you have a lot of files or lots of large pst files. You’ll also have to wait a while until the search product has finished indexing.

Brian