[Micronet] hummingbird hostexplorer technical support

[Micronet] hummingbird hostexplorer technical support

Roger Emond
I have a user whose Hummingbird sessions time out since we re-imaged his
machine. I re-installed, but he still has the problem and it's making
him crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone give me contact
information for the people on campus who customized this software. I'd
like to see if they have any insights.

Thanks in advance.

--
Roger Emond
School of Social Welfare

Re: [Micronet] hummingbird hostexplorer technical support

Allison Henry

Roger, the problem is likely to be related to the SEP client on the
machine. The SEP firewall will timeout sessions after a relatively short
period of time, and it isn't a configurable option. You can fix the
problem by either creating an explicit "allow" rule to and from the
mainframe IPs, or by configuring the Hummingbird client to send
keepalives at intervals less than 5 min.

We're looking into releasing the new default SEP client installer to
include settings to prevent the disconnect problem; this will be
discussed at the upcoming Security Operations Workgroup meeting:

https://wikihub.berkeley.edu/display/sns/Security+Operations+Workgroup

Allison Henry
System and Network Security
University of California, Berkeley
http://security.berkeley.edu

On 6/25/2010 1:17 PM, Roger Emond wrote:
> I have a user whose Hummingbird sessions time out since we re-imaged his
> machine. I re-installed, but he still has the problem and it's making
> him crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone give me contact
> information for the people on campus who customized this software. I'd
> like to see if they have any insights.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: [Micronet] hummingbird hostexplorer technical support

Richard Poliak
If you do not get the problem resolved based on Allison Henry's comments,
you should contact Dennis Leong of the mainframe technical support team at
510-599-8562. The mainframe team is responsible for the configuration of
Host Explorer profiles and ensuring connectivity to the mainframe host
systems.

Rich Poliak
Supervisor Mainframe Group
Infrastructure Services
UC Berkeley
Office: (510) 643-8168
Cell:   (510) 812-5301

I have a user whose Hummingbird sessions time out since we re-imaged his
machine. I re-installed, but he still has the problem and it's making
him crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone give me contact
information for the people on campus who customized this software. I'd
like to see if they have any insights.

Thanks in advance.

--
Roger Emond
School of Social Welfare
University of California
120 Haviland Hall #7400
Berkeley CA 94720

visit the Micronet Web site:

the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet.  This means
these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective
employers, and people who have known you in the past.