[Micronet] mac mail IMAP question

tedcrum
Our Chair has 2 recent Macs, 10.5 or 10.6, with Mac Mail connected to
Calmail via IMAP.

On both of the machines and on Squirrel Mail he can see his large,
nested tree of stored-mail folders, and the "sent" folder. He also
has a folder named "sent mail", which he would like to use for both Macs.

On one of the Macs (an iMac) and on Squirrel, "sent mail" is visible.
But on the MBP, he can't see "sent mail" (which is off the root of
the IMAP tree.)

I thought that "synchronize" would work, but no.

Ant suggestions? (I know ho to "use this mailbox for", but I just
can't see it.)

Thanks,

Ted Crum
Psychology

Re: [Micronet] mac mail IMAP question

Ian Crew
Hi Ted:

An educated guess: He may have "Store sent messages on server" set on one machine, but not on the other (see attached screenshot)--I believe that would explain what you're seeing....

Hope that helps,

Ian

On Jun 25, 2012, at 4:47 PM, Ted Crum wrote:

Our Chair has 2 recent Macs, 10.5 or 10.6, with Mac Mail connected to
Calmail via IMAP.

On both of the machines and on Squirrel Mail he can see his large,
nested tree of stored-mail folders, and the "sent" folder. He also
has a folder named "sent mail", which he would like to use for both Macs.

On one of the Macs (an iMac) and on Squirrel, "sent mail" is visible.
But on the MBP, he can't see "sent mail" (which is off the root of
the IMAP tree.)

I thought that "synchronize" would work, but no.

Ant suggestions? (I know ho to "use this mailbox for", but I just
can't see it.)

Thanks,

Ted Crum
Psychology

Information Services and Technology-Research and Content Technologies
University of California, Berkeley
2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor