[Micronet] non-wrapping text in bMail

Marc Buchalter
I frequently get messages in bMail in which the text does not wrap.  Even when the window is on full screen I need to scroll to read the text and to access some buttons.  This is in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  Is there a setting I need to change?

*Please help us improve our customer service.  Take a minute to participate in our Satisfaction Survey athttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ucbps_survey   Thank you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caveat Emptor

Marc Buchalter
Senior Campus Buyer
Procurement Services
University of California
1995 University Avenue, Suite 114
Berkeley, CA  94794-5600

Phone: (510) 642-2579

Re: [Micronet] non-wrapping text in bMail

Mimi Mugler-2
Marc,
Usually it does that when there is a graphic somewhere in the thread that is wide. I've also seen it happen once when someone's email client is somehow creating a line that won't break. I don't think there's anything in your settings you can change.

Mimi

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Marc BUCHALTER <[hidden email]> wrote:
I frequently get messages in bMail in which the text does not wrap.  Even when the window is on full screen I need to scroll to read the text and to access some buttons.  This is in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  Is there a setting I need to change?

*Please help us improve our customer service.  Take a minute to participate in our Satisfaction Survey athttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ucbps_survey   Thank you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caveat Emptor

Marc Buchalter
Senior Campus Buyer
Procurement Services
University of California
1995 University Avenue, Suite 114
Berkeley, CA  94794-5600

Phone: (510) 642-2579

Mimi Mugler
bConnected Team/CalNet Team
510.642.6157

Re: [Micronet] non-wrapping text in bMail

John McChesney-Young
My experience duplicates Mimi's: this is caused by a graphic or a long
unbroken string (usually a URL). In both cases, the problem is
restricted to senders using Rich Text and there's no Gmail/bMail
setting that will solve it.

That said, two work-arounds are either to forward the message to
oneself as Plain Text, or simply to click on Reply and change the
formatting to Plain Text. (That's controlled by the clicky triangle
next to the trash can in the lower right of a message window; "Plain
text mode" will either be checked or not.)

Actually, a third work-around is to use "Show original" (accessed via
the clicky triangle next to Reply), although depending on the
underlying code the actual message may be very messy.

John

--
John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020