[Micronet] procedure to request an Active Directory move for an employee

[Micronet] procedure to request an Active Directory move for an employee

Joyce Martin

Hi

Is there an  official process on the procedure to request an Active Directory move for an employee, when they leave one department and work for another?

Someone told me there might be an email address to send this request.  Is that true?  What is the address?

Is there an AD contact list posted somewhere?

Thanks!

Joyce Martin

Business Analyst

Facilities Services Information Technology

2000 Carleton

Berkeley, CA  94720-1380

(510) 643-1485

calshare links – log in like this:  CAMPUS\yourcalnetID     Password: your calnet passphrase

Joyce's Blog on Google Apps - bCal bMail Drive

FSITSupport Website

Universal Desktop User Info – Prep Info, How To’s, Discussion Board

Re: [Micronet] procedure to request an Active Directory move for an employee

Karl R. Grose
Hi Joyce,

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Joyce MARTIN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there an AD contact list posted somewhere?

This is some info here:

  https://calnetad.berkeley.edu/

--Karl

Re: [Micronet] procedure to request an Active Directory move for an employee

Kevin Burney

The users previous administrator needs to return the user object to the FSA OU.  After that you can pull the account into your OU.  The move user page is used for both moving the user into your OU and also to return the user to FSA OU

-Kevin

Re: [Micronet] procedure to request an Active Directory move for an employee

Joyce Martin
Hi Karl,
Thanks!  This seems to be more technical in nature... I guess I am looking
for ways to ease the new employee onboarding process  in respect to OU
transfers.

We are processing many new employees these days, and we really need a more
efficient system for this process.  Whether it is manual or automated, it
would be easier if the communication lines were established.