[Micronet] "save to drive" replacement

Satya Levine
I've been using the "save to drive" app to, well, save email attachments to my Google drive. It doesn't work any more and the creator hasn't released a new version. Can anyone recommend an alternative one-step method for getting email attachments into my Google drive?

Also, does anyone know to remove the "save to drive" link? I haven't been able to turn up remove instructions, or even the install instructions, for that matter.

thanks!
Satya

--
Satya Levine
Communications Coordinator

Re: [Micronet] "save to drive" replacement

Ben Hubbard
Hi Satya,

I reported this issue to CSS a couple of weeks back. Here was there response, hope it is helpful:

I did some research on this issue and it looks like the feature that you're using is enabled by an add-on to the Chrome browser. Unfortunately, according to the author of the add-on, Google has officially shut down this service which is why it's no longer working for you.

You may want to explore using other similar add-ons such as this one : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-to-google-drive/gmbmikajjgmnabiglmofipeabaddhgne?hl=en

Best Regards,
Adam Zukauckas
CSS IT

Entered on 06/29/2013 at 11:50:58 PDT (GMT-0700) by CSS Agent:
I seem to be unable to get the "save to drive" (see screenshot 1) function for bMail attachments to function properly. When I click this link I get a Google Drive based error saying "The resource is unavailable" (see screenshot 2). This has happened multiple times with word and excel files. Please advise.

Kindest Regards,
Benjamin Hubbard
Manager, Production Services
Educational Technology Services | UC Berkeley

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Satya Levine <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been using the "save to drive" app to, well, save email attachments to my Google drive. It doesn't work any more and the creator hasn't released a new version. Can anyone recommend an alternative one-step method for getting email attachments into my Google drive?

Also, does anyone know to remove the "save to drive" link? I haven't been able to turn up remove instructions, or even the install instructions, for that matter.

thanks!
Satya

--
Satya Levine
Communications Coordinator
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Berkeley
1925 Walnut St #1570, Berkeley, CA 94720-1570
510.642.5254 | olli.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] "save to drive" replacement

John McChesney-Young
Are you talking about the "Gmail Attachments To Drive" extension to
Chrome? I really miss that extension too, and although I didn't spend
a lot of time looking once I discovered it had stopped working I
wasn't able to find a replacement.

I can tell you how to get rid of the non-functioning link, though. Go
to Customize and Control Google Chrome (the three short horizontal
black lines in the upper right corner of any Chrome window) and then
Settings and then in the left navigation frame, Extensions. You should
see it listed there along with any other extensions you've installed,
and if you're an optimist you can simply disable it and hope the dev
can make it work at some point, or if you're a pessimist you can click
on the trash can icon to remove it. Either way, you might need to
reload your bMail page to make the links go away.

John

--
John McChesney-Young, Administrative Assistant
History of Art Department, 416 Doe MC6020

Re: [Micronet] "save to drive" replacement

Vinod Chandru
(I'm a Cal alum currently working at Kloudless)

Kloudless ( https://kloudless.com ) lets you move Gmail attachments to Google
Drive, removing it from the original email and inserting a link in its place.
We also offer the capability to set automation rules to do this automatically.

Feel free to check it out and reach out to me at [hidden email] if you
have any feedback/suggestions!

Best,
Vinod
Kloudless