[Micronet] recharge or vendor for basic computer setup?

[Micronet] recharge or vendor for basic computer setup?

Greg Merritt
Loooong story short...

An associated, very small unit needs to have a new (already purchased) computer configured and networked.  Can anyone out there do this as a one-off recharge?  Anybody use an off-campus vendor for this?  (Almost anything is better than tossing it to an eager, random student and just hoping for the best!)

Thanks!

Re: [Micronet] recharge or vendor for basic computer setup?

Jay Bryon
They do hourly work:

http://ist.berkeley.edu/docs/

On 8/1/12 1:11 PM, Greg Merritt wrote:

> Loooong story short...
>
> An associated, very small unit needs to have a new (already purchased) computer configured and networked.  Can anyone out there do this as a one-off recharge?  Anybody use an off-campus vendor for this?  (Almost anything is better than tossing it to an eager, random student and just hoping for the best!)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Greg

Jay Bryon
Senior Network Engineer, U.C. Berkeley/IST/IS/Network Operations and Services
[hidden email]
2-5636

"The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed"
-William Gibson

[Unless stated explicitly otherwise, all opinions are my own and do not represent official policy of any part of IST, U.C. Berkeley or the U.C. Regents]

Re: [Micronet] recharge or vendor for basic computer setup?

Greg Merritt
Hi Jay,

Thanks for the link -- but clicking through for details gives the following:

Changes to Hourly Support Services:
Beginning July 1, 2011 DOCS will no longer offer hourly desktop support.  There are several options available to your unit.

        • DOCS Subscribed Service
        • Other Campus Units
        • Outside Vendors

This was actually our cue to post more widely to Micronet, in pursuit of the second and third options.

-Greg

On Aug 2, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Jay Bryon wrote:

> They do hourly work:
>
> http://ist.berkeley.edu/docs/
>

> On 8/1/12 1:11 PM, Greg Merritt wrote:
>> Loooong story short...
>>
>> An associated, very small unit needs to have a new (already purchased) computer configured and networked.  Can anyone out there do this as a one-off recharge?  Anybody use an off-campus vendor for this?  (Almost anything is better than tossing it to an eager, random student and just hoping for the best!)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Greg

> Jay Bryon
> Senior Network Engineer, U.C. Berkeley/IST/IS/Network Operations and Services
> [hidden email]
> 2-5636
>
> "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed"
> -William Gibson
>
> [Unless stated explicitly otherwise, all opinions are my own and do not represent official policy of any part of IST, U.C. Berkeley or the U.C. Regents]

Re: [Micronet] recharge or vendor for basic computer setup?

Jay Bryon
Sorry for the bum steer, I completely forgot about that.

-J