[Micronet] screen sharing

Lucy Greco

Hello:

Do we have any licensing to screen sharing on campus. As well  do we have any screen recording like camtashia . I need to start working with people all over campus and some off campus and want the ability to screen share and or record myself working on the site I am testing Lucy

Lucia Greco

Web Access Analyst

IST-Campus Technology Services

University of California, Berkeley

http://webaccess.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] screen sharing

Kevin Burney

Lucy

Contact Michelle Bautista, Clifford Hom or Yau-Man Chan about a product called Bomgar.  It is a remote screen sharing collaboration tool which can record your sessions.  I believe we have some sort of a campus license.  I have been using it for the last year or so and it works pretty well.  Another benefit is that it runs entirely on campus hardware so some of the security and data sensitivity issues are mitigated by not using an off campus cloud solution like most of the other remote app solutions out there.

-Kevin

Re: [Micronet] screen sharing

Greg Merritt
For quick-and-dirty emergency situations, there are screen sharing products like these that offer free basic services:

https://join.me/
http://www.teamviewer.com/

Re: [Micronet] screen sharing

Ryan Lovett
If this tool is broadly available to campus, could it be posted (by those
in the know) to techcommons?

Ryan

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 11:37:03AM -0700, Kevin D. Burney wrote:

> Lucy
>

> Contact Michelle Bautista, Clifford Hom or Yau-Man Chan about a product
> called Bomgar.  It is a remote screen sharing collaboration tool which can
> record your sessions.  I believe we have some sort of a campus license.  I
> have been using it for the last year or so and it works pretty well.
> Another benefit is that it runs entirely on campus hardware so some of the
> security and data sensitivity issues are mitigated by not using an off
> campus cloud solution like most of the other remote app solutions out there.
>

> -Kevin

Ben Gross
Hi Ryan,

Just to follow up, Bomgar is a poor choice for general screen sharing or screen recording on campus. Bomgar is the tool we use for remote tech support and costs about $3,000 per seat and we only have a small number of licenses that are primary used by DOCS.

Thank you,
Ben Gross
Manager, End User Infrastructure
Information Services and Technology Division