[Micronet] software.berkeley.edu Red Het FAQ? How to get UCB RHEL license?

[Micronet] software.berkeley.edu Red Het FAQ? How to get UCB RHEL license?

Greg Merritt
Does anyone have suggestions for getting a copy of "UC-RHN-FAQ-v6.pdf"? It's linked from software.berkeley.edu, via this page --

https://ucbrhn.berkeley.edu/iso/

I found a bit more info here...

...from over a year ago, which suggests that the PDF via software.berkeley wasn't up-to-date anyway, but the alternate kb link is dead. :(

Or, put another way, it would be fantastic if someone could point me to how I can do a licensed RHEL installation under the campus agreement. (Is it really that rarely used on campus?!?)

Thanks!

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAFTK2eRL-g-oC7gJ9Dv-Mo81Zznb9FW82Y%3D3A%3DpXCcPctx3H8A%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: [Micronet] software.berkeley.edu Red Het FAQ? How to get UCB RHEL license?

Erik J Rogers
(Hopefully replying to mailing list properly, forgive me if I goof)

In 2015 I had luck with this process...Sent email to "Software Departmental <[hidden email]>" with these details & brief explanation:

Name: <withheld-to-protect-the-innocent>
Email: <spam-be-gone@don't-spam-me.cz>
CalNet: <calnet-calnet-calnet>

Downloaded ISO from:

https://ucbrhn.berkeley.edu/iso/

Email response had that link, software key & explanation, including:

""
How do I use/install my registration key?

At a command line from the root account or an account with privileges to sudo run the following command (replacing “PLACEKEYHERE” with the registration key you are provided):

sudo /usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --force
--activationkey PLACEKEYHERE
--serverUrl https://ucbrhn.berkeley.edu/XMLRPC
--sslCACert /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
""

-Erik

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAM8dQ5%3DVQkSzwTs%3DiNYHoFmoqjc_eK%3Dhcy-zFO6aynq-Whg-0A%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: [Micronet] software.berkeley.edu Red Het FAQ? How to get UCB RHEL license?

Greg Merritt
Thanks, Ian & Erik!

-Greg

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Erik J Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAFTK2eRL-g-oC7gJ9Dv-Mo81Zznb9FW82Y%3D3A%3DpXCcPctx3H8A%40mail.gmail.com.

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAFTK2eQTnE5Dw1Qcv324vo%2B0BS_JowhzJ6bTX8XNN4bjqUcfzA%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: [Micronet] software.berkeley.edu Red Het FAQ? How to get UCB RHEL license?

James Stewart

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Greg MERRITT <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAFTK2eQTnE5Dw1Qcv324vo%2B0BS_JowhzJ6bTX8XNN4bjqUcfzA%40mail.gmail.com.

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAPGpCCu5JVhYwyLQAcsJX6iZadx2FG7WL2Y85QcciLcReaGULw%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: [Micronet] software.berkeley.edu Red Het FAQ? How to get UCB RHEL license?

Christopher Brooks

My notes are at https://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal/wiki/Main/UCBRHEL

One key thing is when requesting a key, request that the Optional channel be enabled.

_Christopher

On 6/14/16 11:30 AM, James Stewart wrote:

> [...]

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/group/micronet-list/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/CAFTK2eQTnE5Dw1Qcv324vo%2B0BS_JowhzJ6bTX8XNN4bjqUcfzA%40mail.gmail.com.

To learn more about Micronet, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu

Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Micronet" group.

Academic Program Manager & Software Engineer  US Mail: 337 Cory Hall
CHESS/iCyPhy/Ptolemy/TerraSwarm               Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
[hidden email], 707.332.0670           (Office: 545Q Cory)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/micronet-list/3cfad113-8766-fe64-85b4-149d75cb7f7d%40eecs.berkeley.edu.