[Micronet] stunnel and bmail

William Doyle
Good Day,

We currently have a web application that generates email but not support
SSL which requires that we move the mail though stunnel.

Before migrating to bmail I thought I'd check to see if any others had
made this conversion and if there's anything more to it than just
pointing  to the google server.

Thanks,

Bill Doyle
I-House

Re: [Micronet] stunnel and bmail

Richard DeShong-2
Bill,
So you currently have a server that is sending email, presumably using the CalMail servers with an application password?

If so, I'd recommend keeping that configuration.  Google requires an ssl connection, so that doesn't change.  Also, I've found Google's spam management to not play nice with automated emails.  When my dept accounts were transferred to bMail, I switched my automated email process to point to the Google server.  I found that some emails did not get sent because they were rejected by Google.  In a casual review of the times, it appears that the number per hour and the number of cc'd recipients were the key.  I even wrote a routine that broke long cc lists into multiple emails.  Eventually, I just returned to using the Calmail servers.  No problems with emails being rejected.

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM, William Doyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good Day,

We currently have a web application that generates email but not support
SSL which requires that we move the mail though stunnel.

Before migrating to bmail I thought I'd check to see if any others had
made this conversion and if there's anything more to it than just
pointing  to the google server.

Thanks,

Bill Doyle
I-House

Richard DeShong, Systems Analyst, Athletic Study Center, U.C.Berkeley
164 Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA, 94720-4220
510-642-5123     asc.berkeley.edu