[Micronet] super saver and mcca

Brett Larsen
Departments subscribing to MCCA are paying for Windows operating systems
when getting quotes to Dell's UCB website.  The Windows OS is included
in MCCA so shouldn't be paid for again.  Occasionally, there are Dell
computers without a Windows OS (DOS or Linux) listed with the Super
Saver selection that are significantly less expensive.  Or the model you
want is not available with a non-Windows OS.  Right now there are no
"Super Savers" without Windows loaded.  Ironically, I currently spec
computers with Vista since it is the least expensive option.  Of course,
I have no intention of deploying Vista.   I have brought this up with
Dell but didn't get any traction.

Does anyone have a higher level contact or other means of assuring that
Dell consistently provides an option for purchasing computers without
Windows?

--
Brett Larsen
Department of Onsite Computing Services

Please send tickets to:

[hidden email] (PC)
[hidden email] (Mac)

Re: [Micronet] super saver and mcca

Amy_Hogenhout
Hi Brett,
I saw your post and thought I could help.  Attached is an FAQ which includes information about licensing.

The Licenses that is part of your Enterprise Agreement is the Windows UPGRADE license, which means that you are required to purchase a version of Windows OEM on all PCs.

Note: All Windows operating system licenses provided under the Enterprise Agreement are upgrade licenses. This means you'll need a base Windows operating system (OS) license on those devices for which you plan to use a Windows 7 Enterprise Edition upgrade license.
Please click on the link below for a more detailed explanation:  http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/windows7.aspx#tab=4

Thanks,
Amy

Amy Hogenhout
Account Executive | Major Public Accounts | Dell Inc.
Cell 818-422-8440 | [hidden email]

Timothy Long  | Inside Sales Representative |  800-915-3355 Ext 513-9379 | [hidden email]
Charlie Perkins  | Enterprise Systems Consultant | 415-342-9265 | [hidden email]

Windows OS FAQ.DOC (67K) Download Attachment

Re: [Micronet] super saver and mcca

Karl R. Grose
On 05/18/2011 12:21 PM, Brett Larsen wrote:

> Departments subscribing to MCCA are paying for Windows operating systems
> when getting quotes to Dell's UCB website.  The Windows OS is included
> in MCCA so shouldn't be paid for again.  Occasionally, there are Dell

I see this statement on the Volume License download page:

"...I also acknowledge that I may install this full version of Windows
only on desktops for which my organization has acquired. A qualifying
operating system license AND a Volume Licensing Windows upgrade license,
or A full license for Windows through an OEM or from a retail source
(Full Package Product)..."

--Karl

=======

> computers without a Windows OS (DOS or Linux) listed with the Super
> Saver selection that are significantly less expensive.  Or the model you
> want is not available with a non-Windows OS.  Right now there are no
> "Super Savers" without Windows loaded.  Ironically, I currently spec
> computers with Vista since it is the least expensive option.  Of course,
> I have no intention of deploying Vista.   I have brought this up with
> Dell but didn't get any traction.
>
> Does anyone have a higher level contact or other means of assuring that
> Dell consistently provides an option for purchasing computers without
> Windows?

Re: [Micronet] super saver and mcca

Brett Larsen
Hi Amy,