[Micronet] toner cartridge

Manuel W. Castrillo

Hello all,

We are interested to know what toner recycling company other units use.

Do you buy new toner cartridges for your printers every time or do you use a company to refill the old cartridges?

Thanks

Cheers,

Manuel W. Castrillo

Goldman School of Public Policy

University of California, Berkeley

2607 Hearst Avenue

Berkeley, CA 94720-7320

http://gspp.berkeley.edu

Re: [Micronet] toner cartridge

Robert Hiramoto
Hi Manuel,

I buy new every time.

We have mostly HP printers.  We get the toners from ALKO, a local supplier of office supplies who is also a UCB approved vendor.

Alko signed our department up for HP's PurchaseEdge program.

This is a points reward program.  Every HP toner we purchase or recycle earns us points towards other HP products.

To learn more, you can contact ALKO, or your preferred supply vendor.

You can also read more here:
www.purchasedge.com

~Robert
Robert Hiramoto
IT Manager
Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE)
University of California, Berkeley
2521 Channing Way #5555
Berkeley, CA 94720-5555

Phone:  (510) 643-3903
Fax:  (510) 642-6432

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday:  8:00 am to 4:00 pm

From: "Manuel W. Castrillo" <[hidden email]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:30:36 -0700
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Micronet] toner cartridge

Hello all,

We are interested to know what toner recycling company other units use.

Do you buy new toner cartridges for your printers every time or do you use a company to refill the old cartridges?

Thanks

Cheers,

Manuel W. Castrillo

Goldman School of Public Policy

University of California, Berkeley

2607 Hearst Avenue

Berkeley, CA 94720-7320

http://gspp.berkeley.edu

------------------------------------------------------------------------- The following was automatically added to this message by the list server: To learn more about Micronet, including how to subscribe to or unsubscribe from its mailing list and how to find out about upcoming meetings, please visit the Micronet Web site: http://micronet.berkeley.edu Messages you send to this mailing list are public and world-viewable, and the list's archives can be browsed and searched on the Internet. This means these messages can be viewed by (among others) your bosses, prospective employers, and people who have known you in the past.

Re: [Micronet] toner cartridge

Sandy Macasieb

Please be advised that ALKO is not an official UCB-approved vendor.  ALKO is a vendor from which some of the campus departments purchase and thus is in the UCB BFS vendor database.  The UC preferred supplier for office supplies is OfficeMax as it was awarded an UC primary systemwide agreement as a result of the competitive bid process.

FYI…

*Under the UC/HP systemwide agreement for printers & printer supplies, HP OEM toner cartridges are available for purchase at the HP Big Deal pricing from the following HP authorized resellers:  OfficeMax and Main Street Technologies.

*Remanufactured toner cartridges are available for purchase from Office Max at UC discount pricing under the agreement.

*Refer to http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~recycle/services.htm#toner for details on the campus’ free toner cartridge recycling program.

Thanks.

Sandy

Sandy Macasieb