[Micronet] ucbackup on Mavericks

Vivian Sophia
Has anyone been using ucbackup on Mavericks? Don Mastronarde is interested in having information about how that has been going.

--
Vivian Sophia
Letters and Science service desk manager

Re: [Micronet] ucbackup on Mavericks

John Torres-O'Callaghan
Vivian,

IBM has not yet released a TSM client with official support for Mavericks.  However, I have seen reports of success, and it appears that we have about a dozen UCBackup customers running Mavericks with successful backups in the last couple of days.  I would recommend using the most current client available:

Because the software does not officially support Mavericks, we cannot promise that every configuration will work, but UCBackup will provide best-effort to help if you have problems.

--
John Torres-O'Callaghan
IS&T Storage and Backup Administrator

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Vivian Sophia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone been using ucbackup on Mavericks? Don Mastronarde is interested in having information about how that has been going.

--
Vivian Sophia
Letters and Science service desk manager

Re: [Micronet] ucbackup on Mavericks

Jim Neal

Dear Micronetters,

We have been getting many inquiries about the availability of UCBackup support for OSX 10.9, also known as ‘Mavericks’.  TSM 6.3.1, which is UCBackup’s current distributed version, is not vendor-certified for Mavericks. As a result, UCBackup cannot guarantee TSM’s functionality with Mavericks at this time. We are working with the vendor to obtain a Mavericks-certified release of TSM. Once UCBackup has received this software update, we will test the updated version in our environment and allow access to it for our customers.   If you have any questions or need more information please email us at [hidden email] .  Thank you.

Jim Neal

Sr. Backup Administrator

Storage and Backup Group

U.C. Berkeley