Re: [Micronet] Access help?

Kathleen Valerio
Hi Noam,

I'm not aware of any Access or "database" groups on campus perhaps that's something you or others on campus might want to start? I know there are a number of other communities of practice groups out there.... Micronet, Webnet, Campus Analyst Network (CAN), Business Process Analysis Workgroup  (BPAWG), Berkeley Research Administrators Group (BRAG), and so on....

I know there are a number of us on campus who are challenged with trying to get information in and out of various databases perhaps there's sufficient demand to start yet another group.  I'm copying a few of my contacts to see what they think of the idea.

Kathleen Valerio
CalPact Coordinator
643-0452

Re: [Micronet] Access help?

Magee Mooney
Noam,

Much to my chagrin, I spend a great deal of my time supporting old legacy Access applications.  I've used it since it was first released so I have some significant comfort with it.  If you can't find a user group, I am happy to be available as a resource.

One caveat:  I am doing everything in my power to reduce our use of Access (not a knock on Access, we have data requirements that exceed Access architectural limitations) so I am not up-to-speed on the latest and greatest in Access coding.

Magee