Re: [Micronet] X11/jconsole/Mac OS X display problems

Re: [Micronet] X11/jconsole/Mac OS X display problems

Ian Crew
Just to follow up to this--I finally figured out the problem:

This seems to happen when the version of JConsole on the remote computer doesn't correspond correctly to the JRE that's running there.  So, downloading the correct version of JConsole from Sun/Oracle fixes the problem.  It's part of the Java SE Development Kit (for example, the current version as of right now is at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6-jsp-136632.html)

Hope this is useful to someone else!

Cheers,

Ian

On Jan 19, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Ian Crew wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I'm displaying jconsole running on a RHEL server to X11 on my Mac OS X machine, and am getting some really painfully bad font displays (see attached screenshot).  Other programs from the same RHEL machine (e.g. emacs) display without any issues.  I'd appreciate any suggestions for ways to get the fonts for jconsole to display in a way that doesn't make my eyes hurt.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ian
>
> Ian Crew
> Media Vault Program
> Information Services and Technology-Data Services
> University of California, Berkeley
> 2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor
> http://mvp.berkeley.edu
>
> 2009-2010 Chair, Chancellor's Staff Advisory Committee
> http://csac.chance.berkeley.edu
> <Screen shot 2010-01-19 at 2.16.22 PM.png>

Ian Crew
Media Vault Program
Information Services and Technology-Data Services
University of California, Berkeley
2195 Hearst Ave, Second Floor
http://mvp.berkeley.edu

Outgoing Chair, Chancellor's Staff Advisory Committee
http://csac.chance.berkeley.edu